Creamy Garlic Tuscan Chicken
Sliced chicken breasts simmered in a creamy garlic sauce, loaded with mushrooms, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Serve on rice, pasta, or eat as is for a keto friendly meal option!
- 1 ½ lbs sliced boneless chicken breast (about 3 breasts)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning (see notes)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 4-5 cups fresh spinach
- ½ cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 15 white mushrooms (sliced)
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced chicken breasts and season very lightly with salt and a generous amount of fresh ground black pepper. Cook 3-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside on a large plate.
Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan and cook until browned. Transfer the mushrooms to the same plate as the chicken.
Add the chicken stock, cream, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese to the pan. Cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, until the sauce starts to thicken.
Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. Cook until the spinach starts to wilt.
Add the chicken and mushrooms back into the pan and stir it all together. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Serve as is, or spoon mixture on top of pasta or rice.
This makes more than you need for this recipe, but you can use it up in other dishes.
- Recipe adapted from The Recipe Critic
- Italian Seasoning: You can buy pre-made mixes of spices, but I prefer to mix up my own combination. For this one I mixed together the following:
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 ½ tsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 ½ tsp thyme
- 1 ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp garlic powder